Lemon Meringue 💕
*200g Tennis biscuits
* 150g melted butter
Crush the biscuits, then mix it with the
melted butter and press flat into a 20cm
baking tin-refrigerate for 20minutes.
* 1 tin condensed milk
* 3 Jumbo egg yolks
* 1/2 cup lemon juice
Whisk the above together and pour
over your biscuit base.
#tip Sprinkle a little cornflour over
lemoncurd-this prevents layers from
separating when cut.
* 6 Egg whites
* 1 Cup castor sugar
* 6 Tsp cornflour
* 2 Tsp white vinegar
- Beat the egg whites till soft peaks form.
- Slowly add in the castor sugar while
continuing to beat until meringue
is thick and glossy.
- Lastly Beat in the cornflour and
white vinegar to the egg whites.
- Spread the meringue over the lemon
filling and fluff up in soft peaks.
- Bake for 30 mins in a preheated
oven at 180 degrees until lightly brown
***best made a few hours before serving or the night before